The Emergence of Modern Istanbul: Transformation and Modernisation of a City

Friday, November 08, 2013 Posted by Ian Alden Russell

http://ht.ly/qr9ap



I just want to share a review of a book about the transformation of Istanbul from the 19th century onwards. I read the book,which was written by Murat Gül,last year and it is quite informarmative to understand the political and social dynamics that played role for the change of the appearance of the urban environment of Istanbul. I thought that some of us migh be interested in reading this book since we have been working on the photographs of the monuments that Artamonoff took. And some of the conditions of these monuments changed and some of them unchanged. So, this reminded me the transformation of Istanbul in the last century. If you are interested, I think, you can find a copy of book in SKL.



Özge Yıldız


Labels:

search this site

Labels


archive