http://mentalfloss.com/article/30937/famous-novelists-symbolism-their-work-and-whether-it-was-intentional

Friday, December 06, 2013 Posted by Ian Alden Russell

Famous Novelists on Symbolism in Their Work and Whether It Was Intentional



These letters helped me to rethink about the artworks, their producers, their audiences, plus, meaning-making and/or interpretation process in museums. I think we can think of the responses of these writers about their works as the responses of different kind of artists whether be a painter, sculpter, poet, performance artists.
One writer’s responded to a question like this: “…..in many cases, I have been able to learn something about my own book, for readers have seen much in the book that is there, although I was not aware of it being there.” So, this response made me think about the importance of the audience evaluation and communication with the visitors in museums to understand their experience and to help them to contribute to the art work. Therefore, I think, a museum designer and interpreter should always bear these in mind.



Özge Yıldız


Labels:

search this site

Labels


archive