Group Intervention at the RCAC

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 Posted by Ian Alden Russell

So, just a few things that have struck me about the RCAC and the exhibition that maybe could serve as an idea for our group intervention?


1) I have never ever seen small children in the RCAC so it may be interesting to bring in small children to interact with the space and with the exhibit. The topic of the exhibit (I think) could be easily presented to children and actually some of the pictures are rather humorous, which children might appreciate. Also, seeing as the labels are placed at child-height it would seem somewhat appropriate. However, I realize this may not be at all feasible or realistic and the RCAC would probably hate it…but just a thought…


2) Obviously the labels are one of the most obvious things to intervene with, somehow bringing attention to that fact or facilitating the audience’s ability to read the wall text more easily, though the RCAC might not appreciate the overt criticism of their exhibition…


3) This last idea may be the most feasible though it depends on the intentions of the RCAC exhibit team…


I find the pile of pictures on the table in the entry extremely intriguing. Right now, in their present state (unless I have missed something huge), I feel like they don’t do too much for me or for the exhibit besides being the one tangible or ‘interactive’ feature in the exhibit. Also there is no written information on any of the cards which I find somewhat bewildering. Therefore, I think it would be great if they would let us do something with these cards and maybe this would be feasible if it is towards the end of the show? For instance, to write on them, to pass them out to the public in front of the door or …something, I don’t know exactly…


These are just the few snippets of ideas I’ve been having about our group intervention project and just wanted to throw them out there for future discussion…


İyi bayramlar - Emily


Labels:

search this site

Labels


archive